Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Strength in others is amazing to see

I was able to see my Godparents for the first time in over 17 years.  We’ve been on contact thru e-mails, calls, and cards thru the years but it is not the same as putting your arms around someone, hugging them and looking into their eyes to see the love they have for you and hope they see the love you have for them. 
It was a very humbling trip… I knew my Godparents were strong, physically, mentally, spiritually.  But I now have a whole new found Love and Respect to see that strength played out in the darkest of times. 
When life is not what you thought it would be, when you work all your life so you can enjoy your golden years and they end up being something so far from where you wanted to be.
The Love they have for each other is amazing to see.  The Strength each of them gives each other is something that leaves me at a loss for words.

I wish more could be done but letting them know I am here for when they need me is all that can be done.  I will continue my road ahead trying to keep in mind the strength I see in both of them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment