Saturday, February 4, 2012

Don’t catch me now… I just want to keep on falling somehow...




This song brought loves sweet tears to my eyes.  I love Love so much and this is one of those songs that explains so well as to what love is for me.

I see a lot of people who have an “idea” of what love should be… Maybe because of experience while growing up or different experiences they have run across in their lives.  Some get lost in Hollywood’s version of what love should be like. 
Me… I just keep on falling… I love with all of me… In Family, in Friends, in Lovers, I love with all of me.  I don’t have an idea of what love is or should be like I just feel it and let it into me and try to make that love that I feel for the person shine out to them.  This scares some people (mostly potential lovers) but some Friends have been taken aback by this also.  

Now I understand no one likes to get hurt… Trust me I know this but I love the way this song speaks to the walls people put up so as not to get hurt.  The chorus below is what struck me most.  

“So don’t catch me now… I just want to keep on falling somehow…
So don’t stop me now I just want to keep this going somehow…. Keep on falling”

People who feel that love, sometimes don’t know how to handle it so they stop it… Stop the person who is falling from falling.  They are worried about getting hurt and in that worry although not intentional  they are the one doing the hurting as they are stopping what they / we /all deserved from coming… From falling into them.  

Love doesn’t go away it is always there you just have to let the person with that love fall.  You don’t need to catch them you just need to allow them to be who they are and who they are is someone that loves you for who you are even if you don’t know who you are.
Think about the past relationships you’ve had that didn’t work… Now I am not so naive as to not understand all too well that many many factors play into this so I don’t want to trivialize past hurts by any means.  What I want to do is point out what this song sings to me is that if both people didn’t stop each other from falling then that initial love that was (for some still is) there will keep on falling…

That sensation that washes over you that all is possible, the feeling of your soul smiling because you feel so much love with each step it feels like you are floating and then when you close your eyes and feel the intensity it truly does feel like you are falling.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment