Friday, June 30, 2017

I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn’t love myself

Last night I posted a picture on facebook with the saying “I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn’t love myself”.  Some people might not understand this saying and that’s ok but other will identify wholeheartedly. 
We Love, we Love deeply but we don’t know how to show that same Love that we have for others to ourselves.  People have been making fun of “self-care” as a liberal snowflake wussy touchy-feely idea but these people do not understand that some people need to remind themselves (daily) that they are worthy of Love. 
Again I am and have been very lucky to find a Man who Loves me, makes me feel Loved by him and also lets me Love him back.  I never feel worthy of his Love and it’s a daily struggle not to just run and hide but Love changes you, makes you feel strong, and awakens a side of you to know that you are worthy.

Admitting that I am Loved is scary but worth it, but part of being Loved is Loving yourself.  Love yourself enough to not always be afraid, not always take the easy road, not always doubt that you are worth the Love you are given by others.  Today starts today.     

No comments:

Post a Comment