Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Undeniable Truth I am a little kid always and forever at heart!

Ok sooooo last minute I was Christmas shopping this morning in CVS (needed stickers for cards and candy canes) walking down the aisle to the sticker location (yes I know exactly where the stickers are…lol) out of the corner of my eye I see this…

Now if you don’t know what this is it is a Sing-a-ma-jigs!  I found out about Sing-a-ma-jigs because of Meg (heart Meg!) who turned me on to the Vlogbrothers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlogbrothers) who have done a few things with the Sing-a-ma-jigs in their Vlogs plus the Vlogs are very funny and smart (but I’m digressing). 
Anyways I knew when I saw the Sing-a-ma-jigs out of the corner of my eye that I would be buying one!!
So I go over and check them out, press the little hand (changes the mode  of the Sing-a-ma-jigs) then squeeze the tummy  (to make ‘em sing!) and basically make a fool of myself because I’m laughing and giggling like a little kid. 
I buy the purple one (of course) and off to work I go.  A little skip in my step excited to share this with everyone at work who I know will get a kick out of it. 
I wait (patiently like an adult…lol) till I hear Meg at her desk.  I go over and pop the Sing-a-ma-jig over the wall so she can see it.  I press the tummy and I guess scare her almost out of here chair… Oops not my intention to scare but had to share…lol
I go around the wall and apologize (because again… I am an adult) but share all the wonders of the Sing-a-ma-jigs and how it will amuse me for hours on end…lol
Then I wait for Renee and Mo… well Mo was a jerk…lol and said that “yeah these have been around a while”… Renee hit him and told him that he needed to be more excited for me…lol  Yes we are all adults in our mid 30’s but well again we are friends because we have the same sense of dorkyness…lol
Any waaaaays the long and the short of this whole rambling is that the fact this little toy (which really is just super cute and fun to annoy people play with) can make me feel like a little kid in and of its self might seem… well like I just need to get a life but the truth of this speaks to the heart of it all and that is the excitement of sharing something that you find neat with others in your life who will enjoy it also.  That excitement you felt as a kid when you just had pure joy in your heart for whatever you were doing or whoever you were with and wanted to share that excitement with them is just truly a very neat feeling.    
As we get older there are more stresses on our lives that sometimes drown out that excitement so we try to reclaim it with what we think will makes us happy but sometimes has the opposite affect and we end up with a hallow feeling.  So my suggestion for today is if you need to feel that feeling of giddy excitement just try sharing yourself and what you enjoy with those around you to feel that joy that your inner child wants you to feel always!!
Oh and get a Sing-a-ma-jig…lol

No comments:

Post a Comment