Sunday, December 4, 2011

Throughout my whole life I have always been afraid of losing the people I love...

You know when you run across something that speaks to you it has a way of making you reexamine your current situation and look back at your past to see what you can do differently now?

Well the saying above has done that.   My for most of my life I have always been afraid of losing the people that I love and for me that is most everyone I meet.  I try to act how I think they want me act in order not to make them angry and then leave.  Anger is one emotion I still have a problem with as I just shut down and can’t respond or my response it to try to make everything OK so the person is no longer angry (even if the anger is not directed at me).  

But over the last few years I have had this sadness that because I have lived my life this way then I don’t know who the real me is.  If I don’t know who the real me is then there is no one out there that does either and how would anyone be afraid of losing me when there is no me to lose?

How do you go about finding yourself when you are not sure what it is about you that you lost when you don’t know what “you” is or even means.

No comments:

Post a Comment